May 14 – 22, 2016
Home of Majestic Waterfalls & Incredible Natural Wonders
WHAT YOU’LL SEE AND SHOOT:
- Yosemite National Park, from the iconic locations of Ansell Adams (yes you will be taking pictures from those exact locations), to the places only the locals know
- Springtime in Yosemite, with snow covered peaks and steep granite wall contrasting against raging snow-melt waterfalls, budding trees and wild flower vistas
- Nighttime rainbows created by the moon over powerful waterfalls
- Mono Lake, California, with its unmistakable mineral rocks
- Bodie Ghost Town National Park
WHO SHOULD COME:
- All levels of photographers; we’ll have multiple guides to help you capture the best shots
- People who like to stroll to the more adventuress hikers (we will have guides for all levels and multiple vans for maximum convenience)
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Landscape, long-exposure and night photography techniques.
- Since Yellowstone is known for it it’s exceptional B&W photo ops, AIP will include a workshop on B&W photography.
SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY: For those of you that would welcome the opportunity to try a new lens or two and/or a camera body,
Unique Photo will be offering special discounted rental rates to participants on AIP’s photo adventures. “Try before you buy.”
There are few landscapes that stir the soul like those of the Yosemite Valley. The expansive vista of waterfalls dropping thousands of feet down vertical granite walls is over- whelming. Yosemite’s weather changes by the minute and we will be tracking the light across the valley as it turns the mountains golden and displays God rays in the distance. Unlike most other places, Yosemite can be photographed from sunrise, through the middle of the day, at dusk and in the evening. The moon will be high in the night sky while we’re there and should produce unique nighttime rainbows, a really unique photo opp. The daytime temperatures during our stay will likely be in the low 60s with night temps only dropping to the balmy 30s. It’s truly the perfect time to visit.
- Round trip air fare from Newark, NJ to San Francisco, CA if photo adventure is booked and paid for by February 13th, 2016. (One can still book trip after February 13th, 2016, subject to availability, but round trip airfare won’t be included and price of trip will drop to $2,695.00.)
- Hotel room based on double occupancy
- All ground transportation in California
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Items of a personal nature
- Anything not listed in “WHATS INCLUED”.
Here’s our plan:
- 9 Days, 8 Nights
- Depart Newark Airport at 7:30 A.M. on Virgin America and fly non-stop to San Francisco
- Rent vans and drive to Yosemite, arriving in time for a sunset shoot
- Check in to the Tenaya Lodge, in Fish Camp, CA, just outside the park
- Shoot Yosemite Sunday through Thursday
- Depart Friday morning for Mono Lake, arriving in time for sunset
- Check into Murphy’s hotel in Lee Vining, CA
- Shoot Mono Lake Saturday morning and depart for Bodie Ghost Town
- Shoot Bodie at sundown and have a night shoot as well; another very special photo opp.
- Shoot Mono Lake at sunrise and then drive back to SFO for a flight out at 3:00 P.M., arriving back in Newark around 12 P.M., Sunday night
This is a very special trip to what is arguably the most beautiful national park in the USA. LET THE SHOOTING BEGIN.
The following images will give you a good idea of what you can expect.
Yosemite – image by Dick Stanton
Adventures in Photography LLC – Cancellation Policy
Cancellations are only effective upon receipt of written notification signed by the participant(s). Written notification should be mailed to Adventures in Photography, LLC’s corporate office located at 14 Tamarack Lane, Pomona, NY 10970. The initial deposit is used to secure your accommodations, transportation and guides and therefore non-refundable, unless the photo adventure is sold out at the time of departure. Adventures in Photography LLC, hereafter AIP, will do their best to resell your spot and/or return as much of your non-refundable deposit as possible. If the final balance has not been received 90 days prior to trip commencement, AIP shall be entitled, at their, discretion, to treat your reservation as cancelled and the deposit shall be forfeited.
We understand that conflicts arise, if you need to cancel your participation in the photo adventure prior to the final payment, all efforts will be made to fill your spot. If AIP fills your spot, a refund of your non-refundable deposit, less a 25% administration fee and less any non-refundable air tickets purchased, will be issued; there are no guarantees but we will do our best.
- The initial deposit of $500.00 is due within 15 days of booking and is nonrefundable unless the trip is cancelled.
- Final payment (balance owed) is due 90 days prior to departure.
- If cancellation is received 60 to 31 days prior to departure, the cancellation fee is 50% of the photo adventure fee.
- It cancellation is received 30 days or less before departure, the cancellation fee is 100% of the photo adventure fee.
- In the event you do not join the photo adventure, join it after departure or leave before its completion, no refunds will be made with the exception of any airfare refunds provided by the carrier when applicable.
CANCELLATION OR CHANGE in photo adventures: AIP will make every attempt to operate a photo adventure once confirmed, but will reserve the right to cancel or change a trip at any time, due to insufficient bookings, and/or reasons beyond its control, such as; strikes, war, acts of God, acts of government, civil unrest or any other cause whatsoever, that may make operation of the tour impossible, illegal or inadvisable. All tour payments received will be promptly refunded, and this refund will be the limit of AIP’s liability. AIP is not responsible for any expenses incurred by tour members in preparing for the tour including non-refundable airline tickets, airline penalties, special clothing, visa or passport fees, or other tour-related expenses.