September 30th – October 9th, 2017
(9 day/8 nights) of incredible photo ops
Sunrise at the Signal Mountain Lodge
Travel with Adventures in Photography (AIP) when we return to visit and photograph Yellowstone and The Grand Tetons at a time when the Aspen should be at their peak fall color.
WHAT YOU’LL SEE AND SHOOT:
Most, if not all of the iconic locations in Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Tetons as well at the incredible thermal landscape at Mammoth Hot Springs.
WHO SHOULD COME:
- All levels of photographers; we’ll have multiple guides to help you capture the best shots
- People who like to stroll to the more adventuresome hikers (we will have guides for all levels and multiple vans for maximum convenience)
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Landscape, long-exposure and night photography techniques
- We will include a workshop on B&W photography.
SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY: For those of you that would welcome the opportunity to try a new lens or two and/or a camera body, Unique Photo will be offering special discounted rental rates to participants on AIP’s photo adventures. “Try before you buy.”
The following photos are typical scenes that we’re likely to encounter in our travels. After seeing these images, I suspect that you’ll find it hard to resist traveling with us.
The ever present thermal activity
A light dusting of snow and a buffalo = WOW!!
Mormon Barn Row – Grand Tetons
Yellowstone Upper Falls
Yellowstone Lower Falls
Yellowstone Lower Falls
Yellowstone Upper Falls
Mammoth Hot Springs
Mammoth Hot Springs
Mammoth Hot Springs
Highlights of the trip
- Seven full days and two half days of photography in Yellowstone National Park or the Grand Tetons National Park
- Our trip has been planned to coincide with the time that the Aspen trees are at their peak color.
- Their beautiful shade of yellow set against dark green evergreens and dark rocks look especially beautiful.
- We will be using either 12 passenger vans (maximum of 8 photographers plus our tour leader) per vehicle or 7 passenger vans (maximum of 5 photographers plus our tour leader).
- Depending on the number of photographers signing up to participate, we may break the group up into two separate groups with one of the groups spending the first 4 nights in Yellowstone and the last 4 nights in the Grand Tetons. The second group will spent the first 4 nights in the Grand Tetons an the last 4 nights in Yellowstone.
The price of this photo adventure includes:
- Four nights in the Kelly Inn just outside of the Western gate of Yellowstone National Park. Rate is based on double occupancy. If you don’t have a roommate, we’ll try to find you one. Single supplements will apply where appropriate.
- Breakfasts are included in our stay the the Kelly Inn in West Yellowstone.
- Four nights in the Signal Mountain Inn inside the Grand Tetons National Park
- Breakfasts while at the Signal Mountain Inn are not included
- All ground transportation while on tour
- Seven full days of photography and 2 half days
The price of the tour does not include:
- Round trip transportation from home to airport
- Airfare (However, we will secure a group contract with from United Airlines with a corresponding group discount.)
- Locally purchased items of a personal nature
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the “What’s included section”
All of our hotels will have internet connections. However, internet service and cellular phone service, while available, will be spotty in some places and you may have to go to the main lodge to connect.
Itinerary for Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons
Dates: Oct. 1st to Oct. 9th, 2016 (9 days/8 nights)
- Oct. 1st, 2016: Group flies from Newark New Jersey to Jackson, WY and over nights (O/N) at the Signal Mountain Lodge in the Grand Tetons or the Kelly Inn at the West Gate of Yellowstone
- Oct. 2nd 2016: O/N at the Kelly Inn or the Signal Mountain Lodge and photograph in and around Yellowstone or the Grand Tetons
- Oct. 3rd, 2016: Photograph in and around Yellowstone National Park and O/N at the Kelly Inn or the Signal Mountain Lodge and photograph in and around the Grand Tetons or Yellowstone.
- Oct. 4th, 2016: Photograph in and around Yellowstone National Park and O/N at the Kelly Inn or the Signal Mountain Lodge and photograph in and around the Grand Tetons.
- Oct. 5th, 2016: Photograph in the a.m. at Yellowstone or the Grand Tetons then change locations after lunch and photograph locally. O/N at either the Kelly Inn or the Signal Mountain Lodge.
- Oct. 6th, 2016: Photograph in and around Yellowstone or the Grand Tetons and O/N at the Kelly Inn or the Signal Mountain Lodge.
- Oct. 7th, 2016: Photograph in and around Yellowstone or the Grand Tetons and O/N at the Kelly Inn or the Signal Mountain Lodge.
- Oct. 8th, 2016: Photograph in and around Yellowstone or the Grand Tetons and O/N at the Kelly Inn or the Signal Mountain Lodge.
- Oct. 9th, 2016: Photograph in the a.m. at Yellowstone or the Grand Tetons then depart after breakfast for the airport and our flight home.
Per person based on double occupancy: $2,995.00
Single supplement: $895.00
A deposit of $500.00 per person is due within 15 day of booking . Final payment is due 90 days prior to departure.
The preferred method of payment is by check which should be mailed to:
Adventures in Photography, LLC
14 Tamarack Lane
Pomona, NY 10970
If payment is made by credit card, a convenience fee of 4% will be added.
Here are our tentative flight plans:
- Oct. 1st: Newark to Jackson Hole WY departing on UA Flight 977W at 7:30 a.m. and changing planes in Chicago. UA Flight 1918W departing Chicago at 12:15 p.m. and arriving in Jackson Hole, WY at 2:20 P.M.
- Oct. 9th: Jackson Hole WY to Newark deprting on UA 386W at 1:25 p.m. and changing planes in Denver CO. UA flight 2018W departing Denver at 3:30 p.m. and arriving back in Newark at 9:16 p.m.
Precise flights and time schedule to be determined at a later date and time.
Adventures in Photography LLC – Cancellation Policy
Cancellations are only effective upon receipt of written notification signed by the participant(s). Written notification should be mailed to Adventures in Photography, LLC’s corporate office located at 14 Tamarack Lane, Pomona, NY 10970. The initial deposit is used to secure your accommodations, transportation and guides and therefore non-refundable, unless the photo adventure is sold out at the time of departure. Adventures in Photography LLC, hereafter AIP, will do their best to resell your spot and/or return as much of your non-refundable deposit as possible. If the final balance has not been received 90 days prior to trip commencement, AIP shall be entitled, at their, discretion, to treat your reservation as cancelled and the deposit shall be forfeited.
We understand that conflicts arise, if you need to cancel your participation in the photo adventure prior to the final payment, all efforts will be made to fill your spot. If AIP fills your spot, a refund of your non-refundable deposit, less a 25% administration fee and less any non-refundable air tickets purchased, will be issued; there are no guarantees but we will do our best.
- The initial deposit of $500.00 is due within 15 days of booking and is nonrefundable unless the trip is cancelled.
- Final payment (balance owed) is due 90 days prior to departure.
- If cancellation is received 60 to 31 days prior to departure, the cancellation fee is 50% of the photo adventure fee.
- It cancellation is received 30 days or less before departure, the cancellation fee is 100% of the photo adventure fee.
- In the event you do not join the photo adventure, join it after departure or leave before its completion, no refunds will be made with the exception of any airfare refunds provided by the carrier when applicable.
CANCELLATION OR CHANGE in photo adventures: AIP will make every attempt to operate a photo adventure once confirmed, but will reserve the right to cancel or change a trip at any time, due to insufficient bookings, and/or reasons beyond its control, such as; strikes, war, acts of God, acts of government, civil unrest or any other cause whatsoever, that may make operation of the tour impossible, illegal or inadvisable. All tour payments received will be promptly refunded, and this refund will be the limit of AIP’s liability. AIP is not responsible for any expenses incurred by tour members in preparing for the tour including non-refundable airline tickets, airline penalties, special clothing, visa or passport fees, or other tour-related expenses.