May Featured Presenter: Penelope Taylor
Making images in the infrared spectrum of light using a digital camera designed for visible light can be daunting. Our eyes and cameras are constructed to interpret the visible spectrum of light, yet few people realize the infrared spectrum of light is always present. We, nor our cameras, can “see” it. However with a bit of knowledge and experience (and some gear), you too will soon begin to see the light we love, but cannot see.
In this introduction to infrared digital photography, Penelope’s lecture will cover the basics such as exactly what is the infrared spectrum of light, the language of infrared, what your gear options are to capture infrared light, and good-practice capture tips and techniques.
For inspiration and ideas, Penelope will share selections from her black-and-white portfolio. Her personal interest is only in black-and-white (higher nanometers) infrared photography, not the false-color that is usually associated with infrared photography (lower nanometers). Processing workflow will not be covered.
This lecture is not only for those interested in exploring infrared photography. Color-to-black-and-white shooters can benefit from many of the points brought forth in the lecture.
1. What is Infrared?
2. The Language of Infrared
3. Visual examples / discussion of the different nanometers currently available
4. Why black-and-white infrared photography for me as a landscape photographer
5. How does infrared respond to foliage / atmospheric conditions / water / metal 6. How does infrared respond to long exposure: clouds, waterfalls, ocean
7. Discussion of gear options: lens filter or converted camera
LIMITED SPACE, SO REGISTER TODAY!
- 6:00 – 7:00 PM: ½ Price Camera Cleaning: Unique is offering half price camera cleaning to attendees
- $25.00 for “C” size sensors; $37.50 for “Full Frame” sensors
- (Drop-off by 7:00 PM; pick-up at end of meeting)
- 6:30 – 7:00 PM: Pizza and Networking (Back of Store)
- Meet your fellow members in a relaxing environment.
- There will be plenty of pizza & soft drinks, so come directly from work.
- 7:00 – 9:00 PM: Learning Program (Conference Room)
- Meeting announcements
- Featured Training…
Tips and Techniques for Better Landscape & Nature Photography