August featured presenter: Sony Artisan – Joe Brady
AIP (in collaboration with Unique Photo) is pleased to announce it’s newest program; monthly meetings around the themes of training, socializing, equipment swaps, cleaning and special deals. Meetings will be held on the last Thursday of each month. (No meeting in December and November’s meeting will be Dec. 2)
Note: Unique Photo will give every registered attendee a token worth $10.00 off the purchase of any merchandise bought at Unique that night or in the future.
LIMITED SPACE, SO REGISTER TODAY!
- 6:00 – 7:00 PM: Equipment Swap & Sale (Canon Room)
- Swap: Tag the items that you wish to sell with your name, contact info and price. Tables will be provided allowing you to display the items that you want to sell to other members. (We will have people to help with the process but are not responsible for theft, albeit unlikely.)
- Sale: Unique will have a table set up to purchase your equipment if you want to sell it to them, even at the end of the night, if no one has purchased it in the swap session.
- 6:00 – 7:00 PM: ½ Price Camera Cleaning: Unique is offering half price camera cleaning to attendees
- $25.00 for “C” size sensors; $37.50 for “Full Frame” sensors
- (Drop-off by 7:00 PM; pick-up at end of meeting)
- 6:30 – 7:00 PM: Pizza and Networking (Back of Store)
- Meet your fellow members in a relaxing environment.
- There will be plenty of pizza & soft drinks, so come directly from work.
- 7:00 – 9:00 PM: Learning Program (Conference Room)
- Meeting announcements
- Featured Training…
Tips and Techniques for Better Landscape & Nature Photography
PHOTOGRAPHING THE ADIRONDACKS:
New York’s Adirondack region is the largest protected landscape area east of the Mississippi River. Less than 5 hours from New York City and Boston, it is a hidden gem for nature photographers. This program will focus on photographing accessible areas of the Adirondacks. It covers the basics of landscape photography including equipment needs and shooting techniques. An introduction to specialized landscape processing techniques will also be covered.
Our Presenter: Doc Nick Palmieri:
Nick is an award-winning photographer. He has been presenting lectures and workshops to tri-state area photographers for several years. Nick is also a popular judge in New Jersey camera clubs. He is a past president of the Cranford-Millburn Camera Club and Camera Naturalists Camera Club and is currently a trustee for the New Jersey Federation of Camera Clubs (NJFCC). Nick is a moderator on the very popular Facebook page, “Photography Help, Tips, Techniques, and Critiques”. He has recently been awarded the NJFCC citation.
ADIRONDACKS IN THE FALL:
ADIRONDACKS AT NIGHT:
And now for some interpretive photography
Join us on August 31st and learn about some incredibly good photo ops very close to home.
You can see more of Nick’s images at the following link: