Maine Lighthouse Crawl…
Shoot The Best Of S Maine’s Lighthouses
About the outing:
Come along on a unique 4-day, 3-night trip to Southern Maine for some of the most picturesque lighthouses Maine has to offer including: including Nubble, Pemaquid, Owls Head and Cape Elisabeth.
Lighthouses offer the amateur and serious photographer an incredible opportunity to capture dramatic subject matter in an artful environment. Here’s what we have in store for you.
Thursday, June 28th, 2018:
- We’ll drive from New York/New Jersey north to Cape Neddick, ME to photograph the Nubble Lighthouse at sundown.
- We’ll meet and carpool from a centrally located point where we can leave our cars parked for four days.
- We’ll overnight near Nubble and return to photograph the Lighthouse at dawn/sunrise.
Friday, June 29th, 2018:
- After our early morning photo shoot to catch Nubble at dawn, we’ll have breakfast and then drive north to the Pemaquid Lighthouse (one of my all time favorites). We’ll also stop along the way to take in some of the quaint towns and stop along the coast line.
- We’ll photograph the Pemaquid Point Lighthouse in the late afternoon and setting sun, into the evening blue hour.
- We’ll spend the night in a local hotel.
Friday, June 29th, 2018:
- We’ll start the morning off by photographing the Pemaquid Point Lighthouse at sunrise and morning light.
- We will than have breakfast, check out and head north to Owls Head Lighthouse for a late afternoon shoot.
- We’ll overnight at a local hotel near Pemaquit Point.
Saturday, June 30th, 2018:
- We’ll photograph Pemaquid Lighthouse at sunrise and, have breakfast and then shoot Owl’s Head Lighthouse in morning light.
- We’ll then drive south to the Portalnd, Maine area where we’ll photograph the Portland Head Lighthouse.
- After our sunset photo shoot, we’ll overnight in the Portland area.
Sunday, July 1st, 2018:
- We’ll photograph the Portland Head Lighthouse and Cape Elizabeth Lighthouse at sunrise and in morning light.
- After our morning photo shoot, we’ll drive back home
- Round trip transportation in a comfortable van.
- Hotel accommodations for 3 nights in local hotels/motels
- Breakfast each morning
- Sunrise/Morning photo shoots
- Afternoon/Sunset photo shoots
- Instructions and advice from your Tour Leaders. (Make sure to bring the owner’s manual for your camera.
- 4 days/3 nights of intense photo ops in the company of like minded photogs
What’s not included:
- Lunches and dinners
- Anything of a personal nature
- Anything not mentioned as included
- NOTE: If you’d like to rent a Tilt and Shift Lens for the trip, we can make the arrangement at Unique Photo. A TS lens will allow you to correct for keystoning so the lighthouse stay vertical as you try to get all of the lighthouse in your frame. Pretty cool actually and we’ll also teach you how to use one;-)
- $1095 per person based on double occupancy (Single Supplement is $350.00)
- Payment schedule:
- The initial deposit of $250.00 is due within 7 days of booking and is nonrefundable unless the trip is cancelled.
- Final payment (balance owed) is due 60 days prior to departure.
- If cancellation is received 60 to 31 days prior to departure, the cancellation fee is 50% of the photo adventure fee.
- It cancellation is received 30 days or less before departure, the cancellation fee is 100% of the photo adventure fee.
- The preferred method of payment is by check which should be mailed to:
- Adventures in Photography, LLC
14 Tamarack Lane
Pomona, NY 10970
- If payment is made by credit card, a convenience fee of 4% will be added
- Adventures in Photography, LLC
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY: Cancellations are only effective upon receipt of written notification signed by the participant(s). Written notification should be mailed to Adventures in Photography, LLC’s corporate office located at 14 Tamarack Lane, Pomona, NY 10970. The initial deposit is used to secure your accommodations, transportation and guides and therefore non-refundable, unless the photo adventure is sold out at the time of departure. Adventures in Photography LLC, hereafter AIP, will do their best to resell your spot and/or return as much of your non-refundable deposit as possible. If the final balance has not been received 90 days prior to trip commencement, AIP shall be entitled, at their, discretion, to treat your reservation as cancelled and the deposit shall be forfeited.
We understand that conflicts arise, if you need to cancel your participation in the photo adventure prior to the final payment, all efforts will be made to fill your spot. If AIP fills your spot, a refund of your non-refundable deposit, less a 25% administration fee and less any non-refundable air tickets purchased, will be issued; there are no guarantees but we will do our best.
If cancellation is received 60 to 31 days prior to departure, the cancellation fee is 50% of the photo adventure fee.
It cancellation is received 30 days or less before departure, the cancellation fee is 100% of the photo adventure fee.
In the event you do not join the photo adventure, join it after departure or leave before its completion, no refunds will be made with the exception of any airfare refunds provided by the carrier when applicable.
CANCELLATION OR CHANGE IN photo adventure: AIP will make every attempt to operate a photo adventure once confirmed, but will reserve the right to cancel or change a trip at any time, due to insufficient bookings, and/or reasons beyond its control, such as; strikes, war, acts of God, acts of government, civil unrest or any other cause whatsoever, that may make operation of the tour impossible, illegal or inadvisable. All tour payments received will be promptly refunded, and this refund will be the limit of AIP’s liability. AIP is not responsible for any expenses incurred by tour members in preparing for the tour including non-refundable airline tickets, airline penalties, special clothing, visa or passport fees, or other tour-related expenses.
- AIP highly recommends the purchase of travel insurance to cover these events and expenses. If you need a recommendation for an insurance carrier, AIP will provide one on request.
- If you have any questions or require any additional information, you can contact Marty Joffe, 201-410-8006
Who hope you choose to join on on this fantastic spring adventure.
Padma Inguva, Malcolm Kahn and Martin Joffe
Your AIP Organizers