If a picture is worth a 1000 words…
you’ll return home with an Iceland novel!
Iceland Key Points
Harpa Concert Hall
Thingvellir National Park
Geysir bubble about to burst
Solfataras of Namskard
Trip Overview: June 28, 2019 – July 7, 2019
Our 2019 Iceland adventure is tailored to photographers and designed to take participants to both the iconic and little-known places in the Highlands that makes this trip so special. While following the below itinerary, we meet each morning with our expert Icelander guide to optimize our days shoot schedule based on local weather conditions. Once on site, your professional photo guides will help you take the epic photographs that Iceland is known for, while also providing in-depth training on composition, seeing the light, and complete array of camera techniques.
This year’s trip will feature two Mercedes Sprinter Vans with gigantic tires, which are key to reaching the best places in the Highlands. Two vehicles also provides us with the ability to break into different groups; those interested in the more strenuous hikes and those looking for more relaxed access. Either way, you’ll get the best of the Iceland Highlands.
Malcolm Kahn and Padma Inguva will be your photo guides. Padma is best known for her flower and iconic vertoramas that you can see on her Facebook page. Malcolm’s award winning landscapes and cityscapes, many of which are expansive panoramas, can be seen on his web site: malcolmkahn.com
Here’s the itinerary:
Day 1 & 2: Friday and part of Saturday, June 28 and 28
Depart Newark Airport at approximately~8:00 p.m. for Keflavik, landing ~6:00 a.m. local time
Day 2 & 3: Saturday after arrival and Sunday, June 29 and 30
We’ll start our Photo Adventure by driving to Vik with stop overs in several of the following locations: Reykjanesviti, Gunnuhver, Strandakirkja, Urriðafoss, Seljalandsfoss, Skógarfoss, Kvernufoss, Reynisfjara, Vík, Jokulsarlon-Skaftafel
Day 4: Monday, July 1
Skaftafell – Kirkjubaejarklaustur: Skaftafell national park, Svartifoss, Fjaðrárgljúfur (canyon)
Day 5: Tuesday, July 2
Kirkjubæjarklaustur – Hrauneyjar, Fjallabak nyrðri, Landmannalaugar to Hrauneyjar incluidng Eldgjá and Ófærufoss
Day 6: Wednesday, July 3
Hrauneyjar- Kerlingarfjöll including several of the following locations depending on time and weather: Kerlingarfjöll), Gjáin, Háifoss, Hjálparfoss, Gullfoss
Day 7: Thursday, July 4
Hveradalir in Kerlingarfjöll day 2 including some of the following locations: Hotsprings, Mountains, Glacier, and possibly Gullfoss in the evening
Day 8: Friday, July 5
Þingvellir area – Langaholt? (Snæfellsnes) including several of the follwing (dependent on time and weather): Þingvellir National park, Kaldidalur, Langjökull, Víðgelmir cave, Hraunfossar, Deildartunguhver, Eldborg, Langaholt
Day 9: Saturday, July 6
Stay in Snæfellsnes peninsular and visit several of the following locations: Ölkelda, Búðir lava, Snæfellsjökull glacier, Arnarstapi-Hellnar, Djúpalónssandur -Dritvík, Skarðsvík, Kirkjufell, Stykkishólmur, Langaholt
Day 10 Sunday, July 7
Langaholt-Keflavík airport https://goo.gl/maps/VtjiSvq27n42
Possible short stop in Reykjavík on the way
Depart Keflavik for home at ~5:00 p.m. and arrive at EWR at ~9:25 p.m
We know, it all sounds exhausting. But we guarantee you’ll be thinking about planning your next trip while on your way home, content that you got some great shots, met some great people and, most importantly, had fun.
NOW FOR THE FINE PRINT…
- You must have a valid passport but a Visa isn’t necessary.
- Our trip has been planned to coincide with the time of the year that the Highlands are most accessible.
- The price of this photo adventure is $6,495.00 per person based on double occupancy. (Single supplement is $895.00)
- Price includes:
- All breakfasts and dinners (Food in Iceland is very expensive and including group bookings has allowed us to keep the cost lower.)
- (Lunch isn’t included but most if not all lunches will be quick meals in small local eating spots taken on the run and won’t be expensive.)
- All gratuities (Except for the $1 millllliiiiooon that Padma and Malcolm want from each participant;-)
- All transportation while in Iceland
- Long, wonderful days of photography. Don’t worry, we will try to give everyone sufficient time to relax too.
- Professional local drivers/guides with spacious Mercedes Sprinter vans.
- Two AIP Tour Leaders to provide expert help and training each step of the way.
- What is NOT included:
- Round trip transportation from home to airport
- Items of a personal nature
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the “What’s included section”
- All of our hotels will probably have internet connections. However, internet service and cellular phone service, while available, will be spotty in some places with very slow upload and download speeds.
- Cell service will require a local sim chip or cellular plan from your carrier. You can sometimes use Skype from the hotel through the internet…this is very inexpensive.
Payment schedule and cancellation policy:
- The initial deposit of $1,00.00 is due within 7 days of booking and is nonrefundable unless the trip is cancelled.
- Final payment (balance owed) is due 60 days prior to departure.
- If cancellation is received 60 to 31 days prior to departure, the cancellation fee is 50% of the photo adventure fee.
- It cancellation is received 30 days or less before departure, the cancellation fee is 100% of the photo adventure fee.
- The preferred method of payment is by check which should be mailed to:
- Adventures in Photography, LLC, 14 Tamarack Lane, Pomona, NY 10970
- If payment is made by credit card, a convenience fee of 4% will be added.
Official Adventures in Photography LLC – Cancellation Policy
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY: Cancellations are only effective upon receipt of written notification signed by the participant(s). Written notification should be mailed to Adventures in Photography, LLC’s corporate office located at 14 Tamarack Lane, Pomona, NY 10970. The initial deposit is used to secure your accommodations, transportation and guides and therefore non-refundable, unless the photo adventure is sold out at the time of departure. Adventures in Photography LLC, hereafter AIP, will do their best to resell your spot and/or return as much of your non-refundable deposit as possible. If the final balance has not been received 90 days prior to trip commencement, AIP shall be entitled, at their, discretion, to treat your reservation as cancelled and the deposit shall be forfeited.
We understand that conflicts arise, if you need to cancel your participation in the photo adventure prior to the final payment, all efforts will be made to fill your spot. If AIP fills your spot, a refund of your non-refundable deposit, less a 25% administration fee and less any non-refundable air tickets purchased, will be issued; there are no guarantees but we will do our best.
If cancellation is received 60 to 31 days prior to departure, the cancellation fee is 50% of the photo adventure fee.
It cancellation is received 30 days or less before departure, the cancellation fee is 100% of the photo adventure fee.
In the event you do not join the photo adventure, join it after departure or leave before its completion, no refunds will be made with the exception of any airfare refunds provided by the carrier when applicable.
CANCELLATION OR CHANGE IN photo adventure: AIP will make every attempt to operate a photo adventure once confirmed, but will reserve the right to cancel or change a trip at any time, due to insufficient bookings, and/or reasons beyond its control, such as; strikes, war, acts of God, acts of government, civil unrest or any other cause whatsoever, that may make operation of the tour impossible, illegal or inadvisable. All tour payments received will be promptly refunded, and this refund will be the limit of AIP’s liability. AIP is not responsible for any expenses incurred by tour members in preparing for the tour including non-refundable airline tickets, airline penalties, special clothing, visa or passport fees, or other tour-related expenses.
- AIP highly recommends the purchase of travel insurance to cover these events and expenses.
- If you need a recommendation for an insurance carrier, AIP will provide one on request.
- If you have any questions or require any additional information, you can contact Martin Joffe.
- firstname.lastname@example.org; 201.410.8006
Who hope you choose to join on on this fantastic photo adventure to one of the most unusual and exciting area of Iceland.
Padma Inguva, Malcolm Kahn and Martin Joffe, Your AIP Organizers